ATD Rocky Mountain Chapter Special Event
The Gamification of learning: a two-day certification for talent development and hr Professionals
in Partnership with Sententia
This program is like no virtual conference or Zoom workshop you’ve attended. The Sententia Gamification Certification is a complete immersion experience that leaves you creatively inspired and technically masterful. Plus, this is the ONLY Gamification Certification that earns you recertification* credits with SHRM and ATD.
This hands-on certification takes you through the 5-step, trademarked, and proven process of gamifiying your organizational quest. The goal is to increase learning and engagement through key concepts found in game design and behavioral psychology. Adding game mechanics to training, gamification not only increases interest, but it also increasing engagement and creates behavioral change by making learning and development "fun."
Gamification is not just about rewarding points and badges, but rather understanding and influencing the human behaviors which companies want to encourage among their employees and customers.
Is now a good time to put an end to dry, boring learning? Get ready to play full out during our Gamification adventure!
In this 8-hour certification program (attended over two 4-hour sessions), you will use a L&D case study as you overlay the 5-step Game the System™ model for gamification learning design, gather data, and participate in problem-solving and assessment exercises.
- At the end of this Certification program, participants will be able to:
- Understand how key concepts found in behavioral psychology and game design can increase learning and engagement
- Have a five-part process for gamifying a learning program
- Demonstrate a return on investment for your gamified learning program
Takeaways for Participants:
- Game the System™ “game board” of the 30 necessary steps for creating successfully gamified learning programs
- All handouts and ancillary tools
- Analysis and feedback of a proposal for gamifying a case study or real program
- Sententia Level 1 Survey or digital badge with metadata about the program and work completed for employers, recruiters, and potential clients
- HRCI, SHRM and ATD recertification credit documentation for each registrant
ATD Capability Model
Developing Professional Capability
- Learning Sciences
- Instructional Design
- Training Delivery and Facilitation
- Technology Application
- Career and Leadership Development
- Evaluating Impact
Impacting Organizational Capability
- Business Insight
- Organization Development and Culture
- Talent Strategy and Management
- Performance Improvement
- Change Management
- Future Readiness
This session is appropriate for beginner, intermediate and advanced talent development professionals.
Monica works with individuals and organizations who want to learn how to think differently to achieve uncommon results. A gamification speaker and designer, Monica was rated #1 among the “Gamification Gurus Power 100” by RISE in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018; and was also recognized as a Top 3 Finalist in the “Gamification Guru of the Year Award” by the World Gamification Congress held in Barcelona, Spain.
Monica is the Founder and CEO of the Sententia Gamification Consortium. She authored Totally Awesome Training Activity Guide: Put Gamification to Work for You, and is a co-author of Deliberate Fun: A Purposeful Application of Game Mechanics to Learning Experiences. Monica is hired for her skill as a gamification speaker and is considered at the top of her field in gamification design for corporate learning.
She is a graduate of Seton Hill with a BA in psychology, and The University of Houston-Victoria where she earned a Masters Degree in Economic Development and Entrepreneurship.
Jonathan Peters, PhD
Chief Motivation Officer
Jonathan Peters, PhD, has spent over a decade studying the science and art of motivation and persuasion. As a speaker, he has helped audiences from Melbourne, Australia to Augusta, Maine more effectively communicate with their customers and team-members.
Since joining the Sententia team, he had applied his knowledge and study to make learning more enticing, engaging, and encouraging through gamification.
Jonathan is co-author of Deliberate Fun: A Purposeful Application of Game Mechanics to Learning Experiences. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, though he calls Austin, Texas home.
- Chapter Members - $297.00
- Colorado Partner Chapters - $297.00
- Non-members - $397.00
- Chapter Membership plus this special event - $419.00
This is an ATD Rocky Mountain Chapter special event and it is not included in the price of membership. All cancellations must be completed by August 3, 2021. After this date, no refunds will be issued.