Creating Cohesive and Engaged Teams
June 1, 2022
We evolved to seek purpose, meaning, and connection through our work, but today very few people–less than 15%–are even engaged in their jobs.
The best teams—teams that attract and retain the best talent, and way outperform others—feel psychologically safe, have great communication norms, and are aligned to a broader sense of purpose. Unfortunately, these teams are the exception. This means most managers, who are leading in the most challenging environment ever, have never even been part of a great team environment themselves. This is terrifying.
But what if you could break the cycle of bad bosses, help your people live more human and fulfilled lives through their work, and make them far more effective, creative, and innovative at the same time?
In this interactive session, you will:
- Experience techniques you can use to quickly create a feeling of closeness and connection between people, both for learning and within work teams;
- Learn what’s required for a team to be cohesive, engaged, and effective; and
- Understand and explore approaches to create exceptional team environments at scale.
Michael Kester, CEO
Lead BelayMichael Kester is the CEO and founder of Lead Belay, Inc., which provides peer-supported, coach-led leadership development for new managers. Before founding Lead Belay, Michael served as co-president of The Regis Company, which uses neuroscience principles, experiential learning, and technology to create custom leadership development programs for large enterprises.
Michael is a former McKinsey & Company consultant and financial analyst for Lehman Brothers’ Merchant Banking group.Michael holds a J.D. from Harvard Law School, a B.A. in philosophy, summa cum laude, from CU Boulder, and is a recipient of the Harry S. Truman Scholarship.
ATD Talent Development Capability Model Areas
- Collaboration and Leadership
- Career and Leadership Development
- Organization Development & Culture
Location and Refreshments
Broomfield Community Center - Elmwood Room [Map]
Appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages
- Included with ATD RMC Chapter Membership in person and live stream
- Included with Colorado Partner Chapter Membership in person and live stream
- $30 - General public in person $10 - general public live stream