Building Powerful CONNECTIONS® in a Culturally Diverse Society
Unconscious bias, cultural misunderstanding, language differences, communication errors and discourteous behavior undermine performance in diverse organizations. Dr. Tyrone Holmes helps participants recognize and overcome these problems using his Building Powerful CONNECTIONS® speaking and coaching programs.
This session will provide participants with tips, tools, and techniques they can use to enhance their ability to communicate across cultural differences. Specifically, because of this session, participants will be able to do the following:
1. Describe the 4 types of noise (internal, external, emotional, and cultural) and the impact each has on communication.
2. Apply the 5 elements of The L.U.C.A.S. Approach, which is an empathy-based communication process.
3. Apply skills such as the S.O.L.E.R. technique, active listening, clarification, self disclosure, metacommunication, and inclusive language to reduce noise and enhance your ability to powerfully connect with a diverse group of people.
Dr. Tyrone Holmes
TAH Performance Consultants
Dr. Tyrone Holmes is a professional speaker, consultant and author. He received his bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation Education and master’s Degree in Counselor Education from Penn State University. Dr. Holmes received a second master’s degree in Management from the State University of New York before earning a perfect 4.0 GPA in his Counselor Education doctoral program at Penn State.
Dr. Holmes has held positions in higher education and the financial services industry. He served as a corporate HR Manager for Amerisure Companies, where he worked extensively in the areas of teambuilding and human resource development. He also served as a full-time faculty member at Eastern Michigan University in the Department of Leadership and Counseling, and Wayne State University in the Department of Theoretical and Behavioral Foundations.
Dr. Holmes has facilitated more than 1,500 paid keynotes, training seminars and classes that have taught participants to connect with others despite their differences, to effectively articulate their messages, to connect with diverse audiences and groups, and to reduce unconscious bias. His most recent book is Making Diversity a Competitive Advantage: 70 Tips to Improve Communication, which is a tool we can use to build powerful connections in diverse organizations. Dr. Holmes is a Past President of the Arizona Chapter of the National Speakers Association.
Talent Development Development Capability Model Areas
- Cultural Awareness and Inclusion
- Career and Leadership Development
- Organization Development & Culture
- Talent Strategy & Management
Members: Included with membership
General Public: $10.00
Partner Chapters: $5.00
This session will be virtual. Log in information will be sent out 24 hours before the meeting.