It's May already and time to get into our summer-loving spirit. Rocky Mountain Chapter has a lot fun and exciting things going on. We continue to have a great year of programs with fun and learning with our graphic recording event in January. In February we focused on learning circles and how they can be the informal learning paths to share tacit knowledge. In March, we learned about energy intelligence and how to develop a sustainable productive career path based on our strengths. In April, we had an awesome elearning technology roundup that left us swirling with great ideas and elearning trends. This month, we will learn about conscious hiring. We also have some networking events coming up too this summer that promise to be a lot of fun. Come join us and meet new people. Get your game on...
Here's a brief list of some of the things Rocky Mountain Chapter has been up to.
The ATD International Conference and Expo (ICE) in Atlanta promises to be as exciting as ever.
- Met our new members at a New Member Meet-and-Greet - great turnout in an informal setting to just get to know our new members. We plan to have more of these this year so we can meet you and see how the chapter can serve your professional needs. Contact Eric Savickas, VP Membership at email@example.com.
- Completed one cohort already for the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) virtual study group and the second cohort is in progress now to finish up in time for the July testing window. This group has gone global with participants from Ireland and India. Shannon Wzientek is our VP CPLP Study Groups, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transitioned to a new VP Finance, Lisa Vallad, CPLP, CPA - we are so grateful for Lisa with her grace and expertise to help keep us on track with our budget.
- Rebooted the Facilitator's Exchange special interest group (SIG) which was well attended with a flurry of exciting ideas. Contact the co-chairs at email@example.com.
- Created an Executive Advisory Council - with great enthusiasm from the Denver metro community. We are expecting great things to develop for the chapter as an outcome of this advisory group. The first council meeting is this month. Nate SIngsen is our VP Community Relations, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VP Sponsorships, Shawn Evans, is batting it out of the park this year generating revenue for the chapter to enhance our program offerings and support the Executive Advisory Council efforts. Shawn's contact info is email@example.com.
- And much, much more...
Chapter Team Discount Registration Opportunity!
Have you registered or are you planning to register for the ATD International Conference & Expo (ICE) in Atlanta on May 21-24, 2017??? Online registration ends May 12th. How would you like to receive the lowest discounted ICE registration fee?! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 1, 2017, if you are interested in joining the ATD RMC chapter team and receiving this discounted rate for ATD 2017 ICE!
Thank you to all of our volunteers who help make things happen for the chapter/you. We could not do all that we do without there dedication and support. They continuously tell us how much they enjoy getting involved and putting themselves in situations in which they are stretched and grow professionally. They are getting the return on investment for themselves. It's a win-win!
I encourage you to make the most of your membership by joining us at events and getting involved at whatever level of commitment you are interested in. Volunteering is a great way to expand your skills and knowledge, and helps you get and stay connected to the Denver metro talent development community.
Yvonne Bogard, President